Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My Italian Kitchen - Cooking

Last week, we had the kids over for dinner....I always try to plan a dinner that I haven't cooked for them in the past or one of their favorites. Last week, it was "something new" week! I do have to say that dinner turned out great, it was so yummy! Drew and I had it for lunch the next day....neither of us complained! I love to look at recipes but rarely do I follow them. Usually, I just throw stuff together and hope for the best, last week was no different.


Start out by sauteing chopped green peppers and onions in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic salt (have you noticed that these are my staples?)


Brown garlic slices, add crumbled sausage and cook until no longer pink


Add peppers and onions to pan with sausage


Now add two cans of diced tomatoes, heat through 


Spoon over pasta, add Parmesan cheese and enjoy

Yup, another successful dinner, out of the cupboard, fridge and freezer! I love when I have everything on hand....my favorite way of cooking! 

The kids will be coming for dinner tomorrow....dinner will be a bit more simple: 
Cheeseburgers without buns
Baked, spiced potato wedges with Ranch Dressing for dipping
Fresh tomatoes and cukes

Simple's good too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment